Google’s mobile ranking algorithm will officially include mobile-friendly usability factors and app indexing. Making sure your site is mobile-friendly is now more important than ever. This new and yet to be named algorithm will be released at April 21 and is going to include mobile-friendly usability factors. It’s a change in the search and mobile search era because the impact of this algorithm will be higher than Google Panda, Google Penguin and Google Hummingbird.
Yes, Google gives their search clever names just like they do their mobile operating systems. The current operating system for you Android users is “Lolipop”.
The mobile-friendly nature of your website is now more important than ever.
Why go “Mobile Friendly?”
- 60% of all traffic for Google is mobile. If you don’t have mobile friendly website, you risk falling in Google rankings.
- 78% of consumers who search for a local business on their smartphone end up making a purchase.
- 50% of people use their smartphones and tablets to choose what to buy and where to buy products and services.
I didn’t make those numbers up, I’m just reporting them!
Prepare Your Website for the “Mobile Friendly” Algorithm
- Google officially recommends responsive design for your website, more information is here. Be sure that your pages are available from the same URL to all devices.
- Test your website for mobile-friendliness using Google’s free tool. You want the green with “Awesome! This page is mobile-friendly” message.
- If you are not seeing the green bar from Google, then you may need to make your website mobile friendly ASAP.
If you have questions about either mobile-friendly websites I am always happy to chat.